Offcourse ideally you would want to have a custom fitted boot, but that’s a costly path. These days most speedskating, shorttrack en inline boots are heat-moldable, so they can be fitted to your foot to some degree.
In general the more expensive boots are better and easier moldable as the entry level boots.
Skatefitting service step 1:
- carefully heating the boot
- fiiting the boot to the foot
- molding the boot around the foot
- if necessary, vacuum molding
- fine tuning by spot heating with heatgun and molding
- basic fitting of the blade to the boot